Position Description: Catering Assistant/Delivery Driver
Reports to: Director of Catering
The Catering Assistant role at Chick-fil-A is to ensure that the restaurant’s catering program meets the demands of the guests through offering our services. This position will also fulfill the role of delivery driver for the operator lead delivery program.
- Ensure all catering forms are filled out correctly and include all information is completed along with being placed into store’s deferred ordering system
- Complete all daily tasks including but not limited too: cookies, goodie bags, TMS bags, gallons, etc.
- Facilitate the communication with all departments in the store to ensure all catering items are ready when needed in absence of the Director of Catering
- Assists in delivering and setting up catering orders in a timely manner
- Become the point person for all catering needs in the store in the absence of the Director of Catering by answering the phone, processing orders, meeting with catinerg guests
- Work with the Director of Catering to meet the needs of catering guests through daily interactions and providing second mile service including cookie blitzs
- Help maintain ongoing inventory of catering items and equipment
- Assist any department in making items for catering needs
- Coordinate with the Delivery Lead to ensure all OLD orders are fulfilled according to standard by delivering orders in a timely manner and extending second mile service when appropriate
- Be available to help in other areas of the store during any downtime
- Know and Live out the Mission, Values, and Purpose for both our store and Chick-fil-A, Inc.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Be available for 30+ hours a week
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Customer Service: Listens and responds effectively to the concerns of guests; commits to exceeding their expectations by striving for second mile service and guest recovery methods; asks for assistance from team members in order to meet customer needs while employing the Raving Fans Strategy.
- Communication: Exercises a professional approach with others using all appropriate tools of communication (verbal, written, telephone, email, etc.); uses consideration and tact when offering opinions; is a master at exhibiting the Core Four; speaks using all appropriate examples of elevated language.
- Basic Managerial Skills: Meets regularly with each person under his/her supervision; provides effective written and verbal feedback to those team members; demonstrates commitment to each person’s growth and development.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates respect of people and Chick-fil-A’s values. Leads by example. Maintains a respectful, diverse and inclusive work environment; treats others fairly without regard to race, sex, color, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Staff development: Works to improve the performance of oneself and others by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning/feedback; constructively helps and coaches others in their professional development; exhibits a “can-do” approach and inspires team members to be remarkable; develops a team spirit.
- Cooperation/Teamwork: Helps to set a tone of cooperation within the team and across the store; coordinates own work with others; seeks opinions; values working relationships; when appropriate facilitates discussion before decision-making process is complete.
- Initiative and Creativity: Prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, making constructive suggestions as needed; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates innovative solutions to problems.
- Organization: Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a practical ways; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Judgment: Makes sound decisions based on fact rather than emotion; approaches problems with strategically and analytically; uses logic to reach measurable solutions.
- Reliability: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments; strives for operational excellence.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions.
Education – Skills - Expectations
- Previous food service or delivery experience preferred
- Valid driver's license
Must possess a positive, can-do attitude, be detail oriented, and possess a basic knowledge of the food service and/or hospitality industry. Must maintain professionalism at all times, and work with others in a cooperative manner, even while working under pressure. Willing to engage actively in the physical work of a high quality food service operation. As a representative of Chick-fil-A and a member of the local community, must function in accordance with our corporate Mission and Vision statements as well as our store’s Purpose statement and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
At Chick-fil-A Saxony & I-69 we strive for excellence in all we do. We have become one of the most successful restaurants in the area and make every effort to provide our employees with life-changing experiences. Come join a team that feels like family as we wholeheartedly influence others to climb mountains.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)